Make a Donation
Wildlife Baby Shower
Sunday 2 June 12- 3:30PM (Staggered-ticket event)
Second Chances Wildlife Center
Baby season is here and we have tons of wildlife babies coming in to our center to care for and rehabilitate to return back to the wild! This special event is the ONLY time you are able see these amazing wildlife babies up close and in person.
Due to the popularity of this event, we stagger the ticket event times. Each ticket will be good for 1.5 hours at our center. There are two time slots available. (12-1:30, 2-3:30)
COST: $5 per person to attend the Wildlife Baby Shower (2+ years). Tickets must be purchased in advance through Eventbrite. Also bring some extra dollars with you for the kids to play games and activities that we will have. All ages welcome, but children must be accompanied at all times by an adult.
2024 tickets go on sale in March
Kentucky Bat Festival
Kentucky Bat Festival. 21 October 2023, 4-7PM!
Sawyer Hayes Community Center, EP Tom Sawyer State Park, Louisville KY
What to expect:
* LIVE music
* Silent auction
* Tequila tasting
* Awry Brewery
* Food Trucks (BBQ, Jen’s Cake pops, Kettle corn)
* Live BATS
* Bat presentation given by our very own director
* Educational tables
* A few vendor tables
* Children’s craft and games
* Popular children’s storybook character, Stellaluna
Enjoy an amazing session of flow yoga while adding the unique opportunity of a tortoise joining you. Apache is the star of our yoga session and he is very social. He will walk around saying hello to each particpant. Bring your mat and water and join us for the most fun yoga you have expereienced!
This tour is subject to cancellation due to inclement weather conditions. We will notify you in time to make arrangements. We will give you two other dates to choose from to make up for the cancellation.
We apologize for any inconvenience, but all sales for turtle yoga are final.
11-11 at 11AM! How about that for spiritual renewal numbers? Perfect for a late morning of Yoga.
Grab your tickets here.
Second Chances Wildlife Center is a sanctuary for animals. Your ability to abide by the following rules directly influence our ability – and willingness – to allow visitation. Very few true sanctuaries and rehabilitation facilities are open to visitors. Please do your part to ensure that you, and others, might enjoy this privilege now and in the future!
- Sorry, no pets or service animals are permitted on our center’s property. This is due to the nature and needs of predatory species on premises.
- Photography IS permitted but see above on restrictions.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- No running or “horseplay”. There is a new park in Mt Washington just a few miles away if you are looking for a great option for outdoor recreation.
- No loud voices as yelling and people making weird animal sounds are very scary to our residents.
- Allow sleeping animals to sleep. Please do not try to wake or tap on any cage.
- Please do not touch any cages or stick fingers in cages. Our animals can bite. And do bite. Our team members do not.
- We do not allow anyone to feed our animals as they are on a very strict diet, all with varied needs. We do, however, accept donations listed on our website wish list. These gifts are tax deductible.