We have two options for your enjoyment. Both are designed to be educational. Both are for adults and children over 10 accompanied with an adult. We do not operate a zoo. Our residents and patients are in close proximity to us in their own spaces, some of which are receiving medical care and can be easily stressed. Our animals’ welfare is our top priority.
LEARN UNDERSTAND VISIT
We are sharing the LUV with you! LEARN, UNDERSTAND, VISIT.
These are 45 minute visits for adults and children (10 and over) accompanied with an adult. It is limited it to 6 people per visit to ensure a personal visit and stress-free environment for our animals. Visits are with our educational ambassadors only and does not include touring the center. Each person MUST come with this signed waiver. Registration required. $75 person, which is tax deductible. We are very excited to offer this unique educational experience. http://secondchanceswildlife.eventbrite.com
“Behind-the-scenes” tours for ages 10 and up feature the opportunity to join a member of our team in a small group setting to tour our facility, see our educational ambassadors, our current patients, outdoor enclosure area and classroom. Most all of these areas are not open for the public to see except for these tours. Cost: $25 per person for a 45 minute tour plus 15 minutes in our gift shop that we’ll open just for this you. We do not interact with our animals during this tour. Interactions are exclusively for our LUV nights. (See above.)
Pre-paid reservations are required. A maximum of 8 people will be allowed to book, per tour.
Photography may be restricted in some areas. When pictures are allowed and posted on social media, we ask that you make sure you add that the pictured animals “are rescued animals under the care of Second Chances Wildlife Center”. This prevents people from thinking it’s ok or legal to try to keep one of these animals as a pet.
This tour is subject to cancellation due to inclement weather conditions. We will notify you in time to make arrangements. We will give you two other dates to choose from to make up for the cancellation.
We apologize for any inconvenience, but our tour sales are final. This is because our volunteer team are asked to drive sometimes 90 minutes just to lead your tour.
Please arrive no earlier that 10 minutes prior to the tour. We will not begin the tour until promptly on the tour hour. Parking is the gravel lot in front of the medical building (front building). Tours begin at the lower level door.
Taught by Master Environmental Educator
Thursday 22 July, 7-7:45P
Thursday 19 August, 7-7:45P
Saturday 4 September, 11-11;45A
Advance ticket purchase is required.
Second Chances Wildlife Center is a sanctuary for animals. Your ability to abide by the following rules directly influence our ability – and willingness – to allow visitation. Very few true sanctuaries and rehabilitation facilities are open to visitors. Please do your part to ensure that you, and others, might enjoy this privilege now and in the future!
- Sorry, no pets or service animals are permitted on our center’s property. This is due to the nature and needs of predatory species on premises.
- Photography IS permitted but see above on restrictions.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- No running or “horseplay”. There is a new park in Mt Washington just a few miles away if you are looking for a great option for outdoor recreation.
- No loud voices as yelling and people making weird animal sounds are very scary to our residents.
- Allow sleeping animals to sleep. Please do not try to wake or tap on any cage.
- Please do not touch any cages or stick fingers in cages. Our animals can bite. And do bite. Our team members do not.
- We do not allow anyone to feed our animals as they are on a very strict diet, all with varied needs. We do, however, accept donations listed on our website wish list. These gifts are tax deductible.